Bledsoe Conformer Boot
The Bledsoe Conformer Diabetic Boot
features a fully enclosed thick, but breathable foam cocoon attached to a unique auto-molding innersole which embeds into a specially designed pre-molded mid-sole insert in an aluminum shelled walking boot. This unique Automold™ Dual Density
foot-bed is designed to evenly distribute body weight across the entire bottom surface of the foot, and up to one inch high on all sides of the foot. The auto-molding innersole features a skinned, cleanable smooth surface that molds itself to the foot shape. The pre-molded mid-sole is specially designed to enhance perimeter and side loading better than a total contact cast. The fully enclosed cocoon completely encases the foot and lower leg to provide maximum protection. Studies show the Conformer distributes pressure to the sides of the foot thereby reducing peak pressure on the bottom by 30%, on average, compared to a total contact cast.
- Aluminum boot shell and upright system that, unlike plastic boots, can be reformed to fit virtually any leg or ankle shape.
- Can be removed for daily cleaning, dressing changes and medication.
- A unique "Automold" triple density footbed comprised of an auto-molding innersole and a new pre-molded dual density midsole is designed to evenly distribute weight across the entire bottom surface of the foot, and up to one inch (2.5 cm) on all sides of the foot. The innersole molds itself to the foot shape while the midsole is specially designed to provide maximum perimeter loading superior to a total contact cast.
- Versatile — use one device for the entire duration of treatment.
- Optional air ankle/heel pad allows for ability to adjust ankle pressure for increased comfort and provides pneumatic ankle support.
This device is indicated to replace total contact casting for the treatment of ulcerative or pre-ulcerative conditions of the bottom of the foot. It is also indicated for the treatment of moderate to severe plantar fasciitis or other foot conditions that would benefit from a more even distribution of body weight on the sole of the foot.
This device is contraindicated where severe foot deformities cause the shape of the foot not to fit within the confines of a boot shell that is up to one size larger than the proper size shown on the Ordering Informationchart.
Bledsoe Conformer Boot vs. other methods
Conformer Ordering Information
|Low peak pressure for faster healing ||30% lower than a total contact cast ||Current "gold standard" ||Higher than a total contact cast |
|Triple density Automold footbed for quick molding ||Yes||No||No|
|Double-thick foam coccoon protects foot and leg ||Yes||No||No|
|Proper walking gait ||Yes||No||Limited|
|Patient compliance straps to secure device on patient ||Yes||Cast is locked on patient ||No|
|Can be removed for daily wound care ||Yes||No||Yes|
|Pressure can be shifted for or aft ||Yes||No||No|
|Breathable wraps to reduce skin problems ||Yes||No||No|
Available in 6 size ranges in both left and right. Each size range will accommodate 2 shoe sizes. The following size chart shows the available sizes.
NOTE: When ordering replace the ? with one of the following: 0=ankle/heel pad 2=air ankle/heel pad